Roasted Chicken Recipe Template
With chickens being so big this year I imagine there will be lots of them roasted. It’s an easy cooking technique that provides such scrumptious fare for minimal effort. If you’re new to using whole chickens you will appreciate the simplicity of roasting. You really can’t go wrong.
I will provide a template for you to get started and some links to recipes below.
Roasted Chicken Template
1 pastured chicken
seasonings *see note below
Place chicken on an oven proof pan.
Spread butter over the chicken (inside and out). I just use my fingers.
Sprinkle seasonings* onto chicken. It will stick to the butter.
Cook 325 degree until done. You’ll know it’s done when the juices run clear and the house smells delicious.
Allow to sit for five to ten minutes before serving. This allows for the heat to decrease just a bit. As it does it will stop the juices from flowing out and start retaining them. We want juicy meat!
I will update several options you can choose different variations each week. Check back occasionally to see the new ideas.
1. Thyme, salt & pepper. My favorite standby.
2. Garlic, onion, thyme, cayenne, paprika, salt & pepper, lime and butter. As in the Garlic Lime Chicken recipe.
3. Lemon, garlic, salt & pepper
4. Honey, spicy mustard, and curry powder
5. Spicy pepper jelly and mustard mixture glaze
6. Lemon & honey, season salt
7. Orange juice, thyme, rosemary, salt & pepper, maple syrup.
More to come . . .